What are Streaming TV Ads?
Streaming TV ads run within TV content watched through an internet-connected device rather than ads you may see on traditional television. Streaming TV ads allow advertisers to reach and connect to unique audiences across various streaming TV platforms including Freevee, Twitch, or Amazon Prime. Most streaming ads will appear either before or during streaming TV content.
Streaming TV ads has opened up avenues for brands to advertise on some of the most-watched shows and programs. Is your business ready to advertise on streaming platforms such as Hulu, YouTube TV, Discovery+, Paramount+, Peacock, HBO Max or even Netflix in 2023?
Great advertising ideas don't happen by accident. When you create an authentic brand story with well-established best practices, great advertising creative is the result!
Here are a few examples to consider before launching your ad campaign, or before writing or shooting your video ads for streaming TV placement.
1. Do you hook your audience with an impactful opening?
What happens in your ad's opening three to five seconds? Does it pop?
2. Does the personality of your brand come through? Is it authentic? Does it reflect your values and who you are? Is the tone appropriate?
3. Does your advertisement open and close with your company name or logo?
Never let your audience wonder, "Who or what was that advertisement for?"
4. Do you use both text on screen and voiceover to amplify your message?
Did you get the audio and graphics right? Are they consistent with the brand? Is the music or slogan catchy or memorable?
5. Does your advertisement have a distinct, clear message? Oftentimes,
less is more.
6. Do you include a strong call to action at the end that is visible for at least three seconds?
What does the audience take away? Will they keep in mind what you said?
7. Do you have a compelling narrative that is specific to your brand?
Do you know what your competitors are doing? What distinguishes your ads and message?
8. Bonus: Does your advertisement make a witty reference to the streaming viewer's surroundings or preferences? People who watch streaming television have different expectations from traditional television viewers. Are you able to use this?
9. Does your creative video reflect the values of and appeal to your audience?
Consider who your target market is. Are you using this advertisement to try to reach a new market or keep your current one happy?
There is no doubt; the future of advertising is in video advertising online and in streaming TV. In fact, 86% of companies used videos for marketing in 2022.
If you're not engaging customers in this way, your competitors most likely are.